MASTERCLASS: PLEIN AIR TO STUDIO LANDSCAPE PAINTING WITH GRAHAM WEBBER (Cambridge)
Saturday 22nd June 2024 - Sunday 23 June 2024 (2 Days)
Important Terms & Conditions regarding instore workshops here
Join painting expert Graham Webber, a respected member of the Royal Institute of Oil Painters, in this two-day painting Masterclass. On day 1 students will be looking at gathering information en plein air in Cambridge, with a focus on beautiful architecture and greenery. Using a sketchbook to make pencil and acrylic compositional, detail and colour sketches, students will make preparatory studies, ready for day 2. On day 2 a final oil painting will be the focus, back in the studio for the day, following a 45-minute demonstration by Graham. Students will discover the advantages and unique qualities of each of the three mediums and how they can complement each other in different working environments. Graham is a seasoned artist and tutor whose energy is sure to keep everyone motivated and engaged with questions and conversation throughout. Graham encourages individuality and expression. Of course, composition, value range, colour mixing and building a harmony are always covered as an integral part of the process. By the end of the two days, you will have a good knowledge of a process that you can use or adapt for your own painting practice both indoors and out. Materials for this class are to be provided by students. A comprehensive list of essentials will be sent to students upon booking this class. www.grahamwebber.co.uk
Plein Air to Studio Landscape Painting Masterclass With Graham Webber
Tindalls are offering all course students 20% off the required materials below, these can be purchased online, over the phone, or in the store.
For day one you will need:
- A5 sketchbook 160gsm + Seawhite, Fabriano Venezia, Daler Rowney, Winsor & Newton
- Acrylic colours (Graham use’s Winsor and Newton professional acrylic -you can use the same or opt for Galeria student range from Winsor and Newton): Titanium White, French Ultramarine, Cadmium Red Medium and Cadmium Yellow Medium (not too orange!)
- Brushes for acrylic and oils: Small flat synthetic approx 1 cm wide and a rigger brush (Pro Arte Sterling range, Da Vinci Maestro2 range for oil/acrylics, Da Vinci Nova Synthetics, others that staff can show you.)
- Water pot
- Palette (acrylic colours dry fast so a dedicated ‘stay wet palette’ is advisable). Stay wet palettes that keep acrylic workable can be found at Tindalls. Alternatively, you can make something similar by using an old plastic lunchbox with a lid and damp paper towel in the base with greaseproof paper on top!)
- Stool or chair to sit on while outside.
- 2B pencil (Faber-castell, Derwent, Staedtler)
- Painting board approx 12in x 16in - I use MDF primed with three coats of Winsor and Newton acrylic gesso primer, suitable bass wood, pre primed gesso boards or mixed media boards are available to purchase from Tindalls.
- Oil colours (Winsor and Newton Winton) - Titanium White, French Ultramarine, Cadmium Red Hue and Cadmium Yellow Pale Hue
- Brushes: Short flat bristle brushes no.s 6 and 10 and a rigger. (Winsor & Newton artist’s hog brushes, Da Vinci Maestro2 Oil/acrylic brushes, Pro Arte Hog Brushes, Daler Rowney Georgian Oil Brushes
Please feel free to contact staff at Tindalls Cambridge store, who will happily assist you, using the contact no. below, or, email our customer service team email@example.com for any further advice, and for any other enquiries relating to this Masterclass!