What a joy - a really decent quality ground - primer - base coat - correction fluid for watercolour artists. Adheres to almost any surface creating a toothed paper like surface suitable for watercolour.
Warning: Last items in stock!
Let your imagination soar!
For too long, the beautiful medium of watercolour has been confined to a paper-behind-glass niche. Now, with this exciting new ground, anything you've dreamed of painting with watercolour can become a reality.
Turn nearly every surface, wood, metal, ceramic, plastic, glass, board and more, into one ready for painting with watercolours!
Rescue a watercolour painting, Titanium White Watercolour Ground acts like a “white out” for artists allowing you to cover up with the Ground and start over in an area with fresh white.
Transparent Watercolour Ground allows the surface of your substrate, for example wood grain or decorative paper, to show through when you paint over with watercolours.
It’s easy to use—just brush it on—and incredibly versatile. Here are a few tips for getting the best results.
DANIEL SMITH Watercolour Ground creates a soft, absorbent watercolour surface with a slightly cottony texture that’s similar to cold press paper. With this breakthrough archival-quality ground, artists can create new work on any surface, rescue flawed paintings, lift and scrub without damaging the painting surface, and frame without glass. There’s really no end to what can be done!
The beauty of watercolour is transparency and transparency is what gives watercolour paintings their distinctive clarity, luminosity and realism. Now, with DANIEL SMITH Watercolour Ground, artists can get this unique visual quality on any surface they choose:
– Wood & Plaster
– Canvas & Masonite
– All types of paper
– Glass & Plexiglass
– Stone & Masonry
DANIEL SMITH Watercolour Grounds:
– Archival and acid free.
– Creates a soft, absorbent surface similar to cold press watercolour paper.
– Excellent surface for all watercolours.
– The Watercolour Ground surface holds up to vigorous scrubbing without any damage.
– Heavily pigmented with a thick, brushable consistency.
– Easy Application.
– Repair and rescue paintings.
– Transparent watercolours can now be shown on any surface.
– Frame without Glass. We suggest spraying with a high quality, Archival Aerosol MSA Varnish with UVLS to protect your painting.
– Fantastic for multi-media work—combine with decorative paper, acrylics, pen and ink and collage.
– Nothing else like it on the market.